Seachem’s Brackish Salt™ is a chemically sound blend of salts designed to replicate the native environment of live bearers and other brackish estuary fish without adversely impacting aquatic plants when used at regionally specific recommended dosage. The salt is also well suited for routine aquarium freshwater use. It does not impact pH or provide buffering.
Unlike other aquarium salts currently available to the hobbyist, Brackish Salt™ is more than just a simple sodium chloride product. These other salts can burn leaves and roots in a planted aquarium. However, Brackish Salt™ does not cause this type of damage, and actually provides many nutrients crucial to healthy plant growth. Dosing of Brackish Salt™ allows for specific duplication of different brackish water environments found worldwide (such as the waters of Sumatra or the waters of Borneo). Brackish Salt™ can also be dosed for general brackish water community aquariums and general freshwater community aquarium. Brackish Salt™ is a safe and effective alternative to the sodium chloride based aquarium salts so prevalent
- Brackish Salt™ when setting up an aquarium and when making water changes.
- Base dose on water being added to the tank.
- Do not use salt when simply replacing evaporated water.
- It is best to dissolve the salt in freshwater before use.
- All doses are for 40 L
- Live Bearers 20 g (-1 tsp) per 40 L.
- Estuary Yucatan or Sri Lanka 15 g (-2 tsp) per 12 L.
- Estuary Thailand, Cambodia, Borneo, or Sumatra 40 g (-2 tsp) per 12 L.
- Scats Dose not good for plants 80 g (-4 tsp) per 12 L.
- Mixed Population Ask us for advice.
- Medical Use 20 g (-1 tsp) per 40 L.
Sizes: 300 g, 600 g, 4kg